At JEAN JACOB, we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors. We highly appreciate and respect how important privacy is. If you have any questions about how we protect your privacy, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use your information in a certain way and we want you to fully be able to understand what data we have of you and how we use it.
Personal data we collect (when and why)
Name and contact details
|How we use your name & contact details
|Delivering your order to you
|To make sure the products you’ve ordered will be delivered to you.
|Contacting you via email, post, phone to let you know about our latest news.
|To make sure you get all the information you need and want. You can decide what you want to hear from us.
|Featuring JEAN JACOB adverts as your browse other websites
|For you to get inspired and so you don’t miss our latest products or sales.
|Fraud prevention and detection
|To detect and prevent fraud against either you or ourselves.
|Finding out what you and other customers like
|To ensure we are providing you with the products you’re looking for, and to stay ahead of the competition.
|How we use your payment information
|Take payment, and give refunds
|To complete your order or any monetary agreements between JEAN JACOB and yourself.
|Fraud prevention and detection
|To prevent and detect fraud
Your contact history with us
|How we use your contact history
|Because we want to provide you with the best service possible.
|Train our staff
|So you have a nice JEAN JACOB experience and get any issues resolved.
|How we use your purchase history and saved items
|Provide customer service and support, and handle returns
|We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you.
|Finding out what you, and other customers, like
|To see which kind of products our customers like the most so we can bring you more of that
Information about the device you use to access our websites
We store your IP address, device type, referrer headers, web browser type and your location data, as well as how you use our website. This helps us make sure you get a great experience while furniture shopping.
|How we use information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website and app
|Analyse website performance and improve our website
|So you have a pleasant shopping experience and we can improve our website
We need all of this information to give you a great shopping experience and to make your customer journey as pleasant as possible. You are not required to give us all these types of information, however you might not be able to use certain functions on our sites.
We hold on to your information for as long is needed to provide you with the services you’ve asked for, for as long as you have your account or for as long as our customer services team may need to be in touch with you regarding your order. If needed for legal or fraud prevention purposes, we may need to hold on to your information for longer.
Sharing your information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. However, it’s important that you know that we do share your data with third parties and we want you to fully be aware of this so you can understand how and why they use your data if they do.
These third parties are essential partners of ours and they help us provide our services to you. These third parties can be:
- Our partners who are the link between you and us and who make it possible for you to get your orders, such as payment service providers and delivery companies.
- Businesses who help us be better at what we do, such as our ecommerce platform, advertising agencies, shopping partners, website hosts, all of these who help us with our business.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
We ask for your permission before we send you any marketing materials by email, post or text. We just want to let you know about latest products, new trends, competitions and other exciting things we’re up to, so you are always up to date.
- Update your Preferences by logging in to your account
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any of our emails
- By contacting email@example.com
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
Please note that it might take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request. Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications such as order updates as these are essential part of completing any purchases.
Seeing adverts for JEAN JACOB online
You will probably also see JEAN JACOB ads as you browse along on other websites. As an ecommerce website we aim to engage with our customers and like minded individuals on other, relevant websites.
We work with a range of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use advertising technologies like pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service. See the cookie section here below for more details.
The banners and ads you see will be customised to you, based on what you’ve browsed or searched for on our website or other JEAN JACOB ads you’ve previously clicked on.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
The cookies and pixel tags on our website collect information when you visit our website such as: IP-address, unique cookie identifier, cookie information and information on whether your device has software to access certain features, unique device identifier and device type, domain, browser type and language, operating system and system settings, country and time zone, information about your interaction with our website such as click behaviour, purchases and indicated preferences and access times and referring URLs.
We use three types of cookies on our website which are used for the following purposes:
- Functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to use our website and use its specific features, such as adding products to your basket or to your wish list. The cookies also assist in security measures we have in place.
- Performance cookies – these cookies allow us to measure our website performance, improve its features as well as your shopping experience. In some cases, these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request and allow us to remember site preferences you have selected. Refusing these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site performance.
- Targeting & advertising cookies – these cookies collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond our website. They also help us to analyse the performance of our marketing activities and help to make sure we only show you a limited number of our ads. Refusing these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We want you to feel comfortable with us handling your data and it is important that you know what exactly you have the right to do. You have the right to:
- Know exactly what data we have of you and how we use it
- Stop receiving direct marketing messages processing at any time, by withdrawing consent or opting-out
- Access your data personal data
- Correct your personal data in case it is incomplete or inaccurate
- Delete or request that we delete your data, at any time
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
How to contact us
We always want to hear from our customers (especially if you feel we’ve let you down or could do better).
- Have any questions or feedback about this notice
- Would like us to stop using your information
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint
Please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Service team, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
You can contact our privacy team by dropping us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or else through our customer service via the JEAN JACOB website. Or if you’d like to, you can write to us at:
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data. If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on our website, or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use our website. This page was last modified on 24th May 2018.